Your Local Dragon Directory – Advertising Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions are provided to give all our customers full clarity to manage expectations and confirm our levels of service and commitment. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
In this document, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“We” or “Us” means Your Local Dragon Ltd.
The Client means the person or company who accepts a verbal or written quotation from us for advertising, leaflet distribution, printing, online directory listing or design services.
Advertisements and Artwork
1. We accept no responsibility for claims made by advertisers, works carried out or services provided. We have the right to refuse an advert based on legality, suitability and appropriateness for our publications.
2. All advertisements are accepted by us on the understanding that they are copyright free. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permission for the use of any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in their advertisement/editorial/article/any other content.
3. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advertisement and ensure that it is correct. No responsibility will be taken by us for any errors subsequently identified (i.e. after copy approval). It is the advertiser’s sole responsibility to supply new artwork or advise of or request changes to artwork by the relevant copy deadline.
4. Advert copy should be submitted in hi-res PDF or JPG (min 300 dpi) format. Advert copy will not be sent for approval if the Client supplies their own artwork. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution. These files may be re-sized to fit the appropriate space.
5. If the advert copy is in MS Word/PPT/PUB/Excel format or similar, we will convert it into PDF format as supplied and insert it into our publication. We will email the Client the pdf for approval as often adverts designed in Microsoft or other software can distort/discolour. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advert at this point and ensure it is correct before approving for print. Even with this approval process we cannot guarantee the advert will not distort/discolour when printed.
6. We retain copyright of all artwork designed or amended by us. We will submit final copy of any artwork created by us for proof reading and approval. Once approved by the Client, the Client will accept full responsibility for the content.
7. The positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the publisher, except where a specifically requested placement has been agreed. We tend to switch as many adverts as possible, from right/left/front/back in order to refresh the look of the magazines each time. We try not to position competitors on the same spread, but this isn’t always possible.
8. We give no guarantee of the level of response to advertisements etc. Responses are affected by economic circumstances/ the services offered / level of and standard of competition offering similar goods and services in the area.
9. We shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason the advertisement is not published.
Delivery and Distribution –
We offer two different distribution methods within our delivery of Your Local Dragon publications.
10. House to House deliveries of Your Local Dragon Ltd publications and client leaflets are carried out using GPS tracking. We don’t deliver to every household and our teams are instructed to deliver within certain routes which vary slightly for each campaign.
11. Our GPS tracked teams do not deliver to every single letterbox in every single street in any given area. We do not cover certain flats or houses due to access, no footpaths, known dangers or simply where some areas/roads are less responsive to the adverts in our publications. There are some towns/villages/estates where our distributors are instructed to no longer deliver to, due to past issues with violent or aggressive behaviour /dogs /limited or dangerous access. Sample maps of our recent GPS tracking of distribution routed are available on request.
12. Supermarket and High Footfall Outlets distribution. Self Selection is a highly recognised way of targeting people who choose to pick up literature when shopping. We contract a professional company to place a significant number of magazines in high footfall places in every Local Dragon area. Checked and refilled every 2 weeks to ensure good pick up rates during a distribution campaign. We also have stands in a number of smaller outlets and these are usually refilled once or twice per campaign by members of our GPS tracked team.
13. Each Local Dragon has an index section in the back of the book. Display in 1 or 2 sections of the index is offered on a purely complimentary basis and is not guaranteed.
14. Social media sharing of adverts and posts by directors, staff or via the Local Dragon social media pages is on a purely social /ad hoc basis and does not form part of any paid campaign unless specifically arranged.
Contract and Payments
15. Once you have submitted artwork/instructions to us, or paid an invoice, this is acceptance of the booking contract. However, Your Local Dragon Ltd management reserves the right to refuse publication if payment is not received according to the booking’s terms and conditions or if an advertiser or submitted advert is deemed not appropriate/beneficial to be included in the publications.
16. For regular ongoing payments, our preferred method of payment is by direct debit and our rates assume you will pay this way. You can also pay by bank transfer or credit/debit card. We charge a nominal admin fee to cover calls/postage/debt collection and processing time for card payments. Unless payment has been otherwise agreed we will not be able to place your ad if we do not have full payment by the 30th day of the month prior to your advertisement appearing.
For payment to be made by bank transfer please quote the following to your bank:
Your Local Dragon Ltd, The Co-operative Bank, Sort Code: 08-92-50 Account Number : 68629371
17. All bookings can either be paid in full or monthly. When paid monthly, we will send you a link to set up a direct debit authorisation. We may take a debit or credit card for your first payment with subsequent payments by direct debit. Payment is defined as ‘cleared funds’. Terms are as stated on the invoice.
18. If a booking is made on the 12 month or 6 month Recurring Rate but the advertiser needs to cancel before completing the contract, we reserve the right to invoice the difference between any discounted rate charged and the full published prices retrospectively for all insertions.
19. The contract may be terminated by the advertiser by giving Local Dragon one month’s written notice, signed by the business advertiser owner and sent by post to our address, as shown on the most recent invoice.
20. If the booking is cancelled, suspended, or changed in any way, and then restarted later, the management have the right to charge the appropriate rate based on current published prices/card discount structure at the time.
21. Without prejudice to any other rights of Your Local Dragon Ltd, if the advertiser fails to pay the invoice price by the due date the advertiser shall not be allowed any discount given in that invoice or in any other way agreed and shall pay interest on any overdue amount from the date when payment was due to the date of actual payment. We reserve the right to claim statutory interest at the current Bank of England base rate + 4%. Such interest shall be paid on demand. We shall charge such costs, charges and expenses as may be agreed to complete the contract.
22. Unless otherwise stated all such charges and prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
23. We reserve the right to pass outstanding invoices to an appointed debt recovery service provider.