Your Local Dragon Directory – Advertising Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions are provided to give all our customers full clarity to manage expectations and confirm our levels of service and commitment. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
In this document, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“We” or “Us” means Your Local Dragon Ltd.
The Client means the person or company who accepts a verbal or written quotation from us for advertising, leaflet distribution, printing, online directory listing or design services.
Advertisements and Artwork
1. We accept no responsibility for claims made by advertisers, works carried out or services provided.
2. All advertisements are accepted by us on the understanding that they are copyright free. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permission for the use of any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in their advertisement/editorial/article/any other content.
3. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advertisement and ensure that it is correct. No responsibility will be taken by us for any errors subsequently identified (i.e. after copy approval). It is the advertiser’s sole responsibility to supply new artwork or advise of or request changes to artwork by the relevant copy deadline.
4. Advert copy should be submitted in hi-res PDF or JPG (min 300 dpi) format. Advert copy will not be sent for approval if the Client supplies their own artwork. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution. These files may be re-sized to fit the appropriate space.
5. If the advert copy is in MS Word/PPT/PUB/Excel format or similar, we will convert it into PDF format as supplied and insert it into our publication. We will email the Client the pdf for approval as often adverts designed in Microsoft or other software can distort/discolour. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advert at this point and ensure it is correct before approving for print. Even with this approval process we cannot guarantee the advert will not distort/discolour when printed.
6. We retain copyright of all artwork designed by us until all invoices have been settled in full. We will submit final copy of any artwork created by us for proof reading and approval. Thereafter the Client will accept full responsibility for the content.
7. The positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the publisher, except where a specifically requested placement has been agreed.
8. We give no guarantee of the level of response to advertisements/editorial/articles, etc.
9. We shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason the advertisement is not published.
Delivery and Distribution
10. Deliveries of Your Local Dragon Ltd publications and client leaflets are carried out either by our own internal, fully managed team and are GPS tracked using a mobile phone app. and we guarantee over 95% of these to be tracked wherever this method is used. In Flintshire and the border regions we contract the Royal Mail Door to Door service and are required to print to the total households per postcode sector. However, Royal Mail don’t offer us a specific accurate delivery rate.
11. Where our own GPS tracked team deliver, we do not deliver to every single letterbox in every single street in any given area. We do not cover certain flats or houses due to access, no footpaths, known dangers or simply where some areas/roads are less responsive to the adverts in our publications. Sample maps of our GPS tracking of distribution areas are available on request. The number of letterboxes we deliver to is a guide, and we often over-deliver from the numbers stated in our literature and website.
12. We also place a small number of magazines in high footfall places. These are our extra and overprint copies – additional to the house to house distributions and these copies are not guaranteed.
13. We have an index section in the back of each publication; this is also offered on a purely complimentary basis and is not guaranteed.
14. We give advertisers a complimentary online listing on our website for all current customers placing an advert in any of our publications. This doesn’t apply to leaflet drops
Contract and Payments
15. The Your Local Dragon Ltd management reserves the right to refuse publication if payment is not received according to the booking’s terms and conditions.
16. For regular ongoing payments, our preferred method of payment is by direct debit and our rates assume you will pay this way. You can also pay by bank transfer or credit/debit card. We charge a £20 per month admin fee to cover debt collection and process payments. Unless payment has been otherwise agreed we will not be able to place your ad if we do not have full payment by the 30th day of the month prior to your advertisement appearing.
For payment to be made by bank transfer please quote the following to your bank:
Your Local Dragon Ltd, The Co-operative Bank, Sort Code: 08-92-50 Account Number : 68629371
17. All bookings can either be paid in full or monthly. If paid monthly, we will send you a link to set up your direct debit authorisation but we can also take a debit or credit card for the first payment. Subsequent payments will be taken by direct debit. Payment is defined as ‘cleared funds’. Terms are as stated on the invoice.
18. If a booking is made on the annual or 6 month Recurring Rate but the advertiser cancels before completing the contract, we reserve the right to invoice the difference between any discounted rate charged and the full published prices retrospectively for all insertions.
19. The contract may be terminated by the advertiser by giving Local Dragon one month’s written notice, signed by the business advertiser owner and sent by post to our address, as shown on the most recent invoice.
20. If the booking is cancelled, suspended, or changed in any way, and then restarted later, the management have the right to charge the appropriate rate based on current published prices/card discount structure at the time.
21. Without prejudice to any other rights of Your Local Dragon Ltd, if the advertiser fails to pay the invoice price by the due date the advertiser shall not be allowed any discount given in that invoice or in any other way agreed and shall pay interest on any overdue amount from the date when payment was due to the date of actual payment. We reserve the right to claim statutory interest at the current Bank of England base rate + 4%. Such interest shall be paid on demand. We shall charge such costs, charges and expenses as may be agreed to complete the contract.
22. Unless otherwise stated all such charges and prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
23. We reserve the right to pass outstanding invoices to an appointed debt recovery service provider.